Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Wow...just wow

I really have no words for the way some people on my side of the family treated me very early on Christmas Eve.  My kids don't sleep well, even at 7 and 6, so therefore I don't sleep well (Geek works 3rd shift if I forgot to mention that before.)  Remember, Bubba has high-functioning autism, mild Tourettes (which is getting worse), and ADHD; and Diva has mild cerebral palsy and is now being treated for anxiety.

Anyway, at around 3am on the morning of Christmas Eve, after my second night of less than 2 hours of sleep, I took to Facebook to complain about my kids not sleeping and how tired I was.  My father informed me that it was all part of being a parent and I should "quit bitching", my brother-in-law said the same thing, then one of my sisters posted a passive-agressive status stating I should just be happy for what I have.  My husband informed them that they have no clue what it's like to raise one special needs child, let alone two, who don't sleep well,

Here's the thing...I very rarely complain on Facebook.  And when I do it's mostly light-hearted, like complaining that my perscription insurance needs an easier to navigate web site.

Geek was pissed, to say the least.  He called my step-mother, told her what was going on and let her know that we wouldn't be making it to the family Christmas Eve party because he didn't know if he could keep from punch my father and brother-in-law.  Yup, that's how pissed he was (and still is.) 

I should mention that my step-mother took our side, blasted her husband (my dad), son-in-law, and daughter.

I actually un-friended my father, sisters, and brothers-in-law.  I feel GREAT!  They were some of the most negative and pessimistic people.

I'd love to know why it's ok to complain about their jobs, their pregnancies, their pets, other drivers, service at restruants/stores, how tired they are, etc but I get blasted.

Best part?  I don't have to see (read?) the dumbass political stuff they post.  I'm all for everyone being entitled to their own opinions and political views...when they are actually informed about it and don't get their news from internet memes :0)

No comments: