Wednesday, November 27, 2013

This really sucks

In my last post, I mentioned that I was admitted to the hospital a few days ago...I'm still there but I think I'm going home today.  I spent a few hours in the ER, "waiting for a bed" but when I got to the place they admitted me to, there were more empty beds than full ones.

I had a private room but had to share a bathroom and didn't have a shower.  It was a trade off, I could live with it.  They transferred me up there at 2 am :0(

Then, last nigh, knowing I'm most likely leaving today, they moved me yet again.  This time to a regular floor...roommate, in room bathroom, etc...I even got a shower!  However, I got no sleep at all.

Why?  My roommate is getting treatments of some for or another almost hourly...my blood sugars are being checked every 4 hours...I have my vital signs taken at midnight (who the hell decided this was a good time to check vitals???)...my roommate is doing a bowel cleanse and can't walk to the bathroom so I get to listen, and smell, her all night...there is a confused man somewhere on the floor and he is very loud...the light in the hall is really bright...the bed is super uncomfortable as is the pillow...I miss my husband and my kids...basically, take your pick!

Hospitals suck so hard sometimes.

Who decided it was a good idea to stick two strangers in a room together, two who most likely have totally different needs.  If rest is so essential to recovery, why isn't there a higher priority placed on it?

I can understand something like needing to wake me to check my blood sugar, it's what put me in here, but is it really that important to take my blood pressure and temperature at midnight???

If I'm ever in the hospital again, I'm insisting on a private room (LOL, like that will happen, but I can hope, right?) and a sleeping pill.

No comments: