Tuesday, September 17, 2013

I keep telling myself...

I have to keep reminding myself that Bubba's brain doesn't work the way mine does.  Between the Asperger's and ADHD, his wiring is just so different from mine that I have to keep telling myself he has his own way of doing things.

This has good and bad parts.

The bad is that it can take him a lot longer to do what I consider a simple task.  He can't focus because he hears everything.  For example, the sound of my super quiet (to me at least) dishwasher is so loud to him.

The good?  He sees things and thinks things that amaze me.  He has such an active imagination.  The way he solves problems blow my mind.  There have been a few times he has come up with a solution that Geek and I never considered.

I need to keep telling myself that we will eventually get from Point A to Point B, we just may take the scenic route.

No comments: