Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Even Easier Headwrap!

I love Pinterest.  Where else can you get a recipe for dinner and a great winter ear warmer pattern?  LOL

Anyway, I came across a pattern titled "Easiest Headwrap EVER!!!" from Frayed Knot.

I learned to crochet at 8.  Over the years I've taught myself so much thanks to the internet.  I'm still working on reading a pattern chart, but I'm really good with written patterns.  So after about 2 hours of trying this pattern (which is really easy!) I still couldn't get the ear warmer to come out straight.

Honestly, I still have no idea why it crocheted up in a diagonal but I'm guessing it had something to do with the half-double crochet stitch.  I hate that stitch :0)

So, using the pattern, some trial and error, and a lot of cussing...I came up with the following:

Even Easier Headwrap

Hook:  H/8 - 5.00MM
Yarn:  Any Worsted Weight will do, I used Bernat because I picked up a skein on sale

*unless otherwise noted you will end each row with "CH 2, turn"*

CH 5, starting in the second chain from the hook make 4 SC (4)

Row 1:   DC, CH 2, DC (this is your button hole)
Row 2:  2 DC in same stitch, 2 DC in the CH 2 space, 2 DC in same stitch (6)
Row 3:  6 DC
Row 4:  2 DC in same stitch, 4 DC, 2 DC in same stitch (8)
Row 5:  8 DC
Row 6:  2 DC in same stitch, 6 DC, 2 DC in same stitch (10)
Row 7:  10 DC
Row 8:  2 DC in same stitch, 8 DC, 2 DC in same stitch (12)
Row 9:  12 DC

Rows 10 - 47:  12 DC

Row 48:  skip the first and last DC spots, DC 10 times in between (10)
Row 49:  10 DC
Row 50: skip the first and last DC spots, DC 8 times in between (8)
Row 51: 8 DC
Row 52:  skip the first and last DC spots, DC 6 times in between (6)
Row 53: 6 DC

SC around the entire headband, fasten off, weave in ends, and add a button.

I used this flower pattern.

If you want to make this without a button, start with a CH 7 then follow from Row 3 and attach to Row 53 before SC around the headband.



This is my first "pattern", be kind!

NOTE:  If you make something from this pattern to sell, link back here.  Don't claim it as your own and don't sell the pattern.  As you can see, I linked back to the original pattern and I'm freely sharing my changes.

No comments: