Monday, February 17, 2014

Crocheted Girls Sweater

I have found a designer that I LOVE!  You need to check out Mooglyblog.com, she is A-MAZE-ING!

I decided to take on the Eloise Girls Sweater, for Diva.  It took a very long time, mostly because I had to learn 2 new stitches (she has video instructions and written instructions!!!) and make a few adjustments for Diva's shape.

Changes I made:

-I added a few extra color rows

-I only did the linked double crochet on the rows that changed to the other color.  It really helped with the weight of the "skirt"

-I added a few extra rows (I think 2) before I started the row that starts the sleeves.

-I also centered the opening.

Diva LOVES it, wears it to school almost every day.  I found some ladybug buttons that I'm going to add at the waist and I stitched the "flaps" down since she didn't like how they rubbed her neck.



Inside of the "skirt"

Here is the sleeve opening...the way she does the yoke/sleeve opening is super easy!

Diva showing off her sweater
Close up of the sleeve
Seriously, go check her out!

No comments: