Monday, July 29, 2013

One hell of a storm!

I thought the rain was never going to end!  I heard on the news we got around 5 inches of rain!

My street during the storm
My back yard during the storm

Diva enjoying the new swimming pool :0)
Bubba enjoying the new swimming pool :0)

We usually park the car here, it's up over my ankles
Just about 4.5 feet onto my sidewalk, the tip of my shoe is where the water like is.
My whole street during a brief period of no rain.
The new fountain from the man-hole cover...it was still going like this a few hours later.



 My street is still flooded out, it has NEVER stayed flooded this long.  The rain stopped about 3 hours ago but they are calling for more overnight.  I'm so thankful that our house sits up on a small hill, otherwise I have a feeling our basement would be flooded.

There are pictures all over Facebook of the flooding in my area.  So far there just seems to be a lot of water and no property damage or bodily harm...let's hope is stays that way!




No comments: